[Open Call for the Development of Art Posters for the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018]
※ Please note the following information on what and how to submit.
Submissions: 24-31 Jul. 2017 09:00-18:00 (Submit in person.)
Address: 6F-606 Haeyoung bldg., Yulgok-ro 53, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea, 03060
What to be submitted is 4 items as following. Please visit the Office of the Open Call for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic and Paralympic Art Posters between 9am and 6pm to submit the documents. (Please refer to the address inside the document on the rules of the open call.) The documents can be submitted by a proxy and cannot be submitted by mail or courier.
① Work(s) of art poster(s) ② Description of the work(s) ④ Application form ⑤ CD or DVD (original file(s))
※ ① Work(s) of art poster(s): Please print out the work(s) of poster(s) to be submitted according to the required size (B1) (free to choose paper type and printing method) and submit with the other documents visiting the office mentioned above.
※ ③ Original work(s) (e.g. paintings, sculptures, videos, engravings, crafts or photos) that have been used to develop the work(s) of art poster(s) shall be submitted only in case a separate request has been made to submit the original work(s).
<Open Call for the Development of Art Posters for the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018> will generate public interest and create an opportunity for the cultural potential and artistic values of the Republic of Korea to be known on the global stage through an open call for art posters for the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, which will engage top artists.
Art Posters will promote the Olympic spirit and mutual understanding by engaging artists from different areas with diverse creative ideas and to spread the message of harmony and communication through the cosmopolitan festivity of the Olympic Games.
Please join us!
For more details please refer to the <Rules of the open call for the development of art posters for the Olympic winter games PyeongChang 2018> and the <Creative Brief>.
Open Call for the Development of Art Posters for the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018
- Mandatory submission: 1(one) main poster
- Optional submission: up to 2(two) posters in series*
- The optional poster(s) should be in association with the main poster, and their theme(s) can be chosen freely.
Up to around ten final works to be selected
- Any artist from various areas (design, fine arts, etc.) who are of the age of 19 or over (born before 2 May 1998) as of the announcement date of the open call
- Individuals or groups of two persons or more (In case of groups, their representative has to be specified.)
- Collaboration with another artist(s) from the same or different area(s) permitted
- 2 May – 31 Jul. 2017 Open call for the competition
- 18 May 2017 Briefing session (14:00, Place: Lecture Room 1, Education Wing, National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea (Seoul))
- 24 – 31 Jul. 2017 Submissions received
- Aug. – Sep. 2017 Announcement of selected posters
- Evaluation to proceed according to evaluation criteria after creation of an evaluation committee of around seven members, which is composed of representative experts from the design and art sectors and from related organizations
- Grants and Benefits
- Ten million Korean won for each of the final 10 (ten) winners (individual/groups) (hereinafter “the Winners”).
- The 10 (ten) Winners’ selected posters will be archived at the IOC as Art Posters as an Olympic legacy of the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018
- Exhibitions to be scheduled (at the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea or the Gangneung Art Center, etc.)
- Contact information
- Secretariat for Development of Art Posters for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018
- Email : email@example.com
- Phone : +82-2-398-7962