PyeongChang 2018 Statement
We regret to inform that a secondee from the Republic of Korea Armed Forces passed away due to an unfortunate incident which occurred on Jan. 29. Immediate family members have been contacted and we send our deepest condolences to them.
□ Incident Overview
- Date: Jan 29 (Mon), 22:35
- Location: Drivers’ Accommodation in Hoenggye, PyeongChang
- Casualty: Secondee from the Republic of Korea Armed Forces
- Details: The young man fell through the glass shower room door and was taken by ambulance to hospital where he passed away in the early hours of Jan. 30 due to excessive bleeding.
- Current situation: An investigation team from the Armed Forces has been sent on-site, and an investigation is underway.
- Future plan: POCOG will cooperate fully with the investigation, and will work with all other relevant organizations to prevent such an incident happening again.